Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Disclaimer: Prizes for the Giveaway were provided by Fall flavors sponsors. All opinions and recipe content is my own.
Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise is my recipe of the day with Fall Flavors week. All this week we will be posting recipes using our favorite autumn flavors. There is also a giveaway so make sure you enter that at the bottom of the post.
The Weekly Schedule
Plum kuchen was my recipe for Monday. I am posting Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise today and then on Friday I will finish up with Pistachio and marmalade Crusted Brie with Figs, a recipe which was inspired by one I saw Jacques Pepin make with brie cheese.
Of course, there will be other recipes you can find by searching social media for #FallFlavors, as on Thursday I will be posting with Improv Cooking. You can always check my groups schedule in the right hand margin. Other days I will be posting by chance.
This bread pudding is inspired by ones I have made and enjoyed in the past. I always enjoy a good moist bread pudding in the autumn, especially around Thanksgiving. The creme anglaise really adds a special touch and flavor. It is not really the same without that.
Occasionally things like brandy are added to the sauce, but in this case I have left it out to make everything family friendly. Sometimes that seems more appropriate for holidays anyway.
Wednesday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Spice Donut Drops by Daily Dish Recipes
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Mule by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Cider Palmer by The Spiffy Cookie
- Baked Pumpkin Donut Bites by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips by An Affair from the Heart
- Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise by Palatable Pastime (You are Here!)
- Caramel Apple Bourbon Hot Toddy by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream by Eat Move Make
- Caramel Apple Tea Cake by Big Bears Wife
- Cheddar Butternut Squash & Black Bean Chowder by Savory Moments
- Cranberry Walnut Salad with Caramel Apple Tea Vinaigrette by That Recipe
- Crispy Smashed Dutch Potatoes by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy Ginger Cookie Truffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Cherry Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Lemon Lavender Scones by Blogghetti
- Meyer Lemon Lavender Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Apple Crisp by Simple and Savory
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Roasted Maple Drenched Apple Pork Tenderloin Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Roasted Sunchokes, Potatoes and Mushrooms by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Apple Cider Mini Cheesecakes by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet Potato Tart by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise
You Might Also Like:
Delicious bread pudding rich with the flavors of pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts.
Delicious baked breakfast with the flavor of apple pie!
It wouldn’t be fall without an apple dessert, and the old-fashioned Brown Betty is perfect.
Coconut Pumpkin Pie combines the flavors of both of your favorite autumn and springtime custard pies into one flaky pastry crust for the best of both worlds.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie is delicious twist on the typical apple pie with an apple and caramel filling and cinnamon roll topper.
Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise
Bread Pudding with Creme Anglaise
- mesh strainer
- double boiler
- 17.6 ounce loaf brioche bread cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold cubed butter
Creme Anglaise Sauce (makes one cup):
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place bread cubes in baking dish and sprinkle with raisins.
- Whisk together the eggs and yolks, milk, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour over the bread cubes.
- Dot the top with cubed butter.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until set.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
- Place the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring to steaming.
- Whisk about one-third of a cup of the hot milk mix into the eggs, then stir this mixture right back into the pan of hot milk.
- Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to get rid of any errant egg bits.
- Serve bread pudding with anglaise sauce.
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
The Republic of Tea
wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited.
Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Follow the Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall recipe inspiration!
Disclaimer: Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions are my own.
The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.
Palatable Recipes Group
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!