Delicious baked breakfast with the flavor of apple pie!
I know a lot of people make this particular type of recipe in a planned way. But I put this delicious breakfast together with leftovers I had from Thanksgiving: extra cloverleaf dinner rolls and easy fried apples. The results are wonderful and this was a great way to finish up the odds and ends from turkey day and put that holiday to rest. It makes a great breakfast for holiday guests on the day after Thanksgiving or on Boxing Day.
You can use other bread in this as well- I’d prefer something on the sweet side if it were me- something like egg bread or challah or Hawaiian bread is nice. 8-10 dinner rolls pretty much filled up an oval casserole dish.
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (cooled)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8-10 dinner rolls, cubed or torn up
- 2 cups fried apples or apple pie filling (either will work)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a casserole dish and fill with torn up rolls.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cooled butter and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over to[p of rolls on casserole.
- Spread apple mixture over all and sprinkle the top with a bit of nutmeg.
- Bake uncovered at 375F for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned and puffy.
- Serve warm with maple syrup if desired.
You might also like:
Recipe Index A-M | Recipe Index N-Z | Home