Italian sausage and mushrooms with pasta in Pomodoro sauce, also called Salciccia con Orecchiette e Funghi, is an easy to make simple dish perfect for weeknights.
Salciccia con Orecchiette e Funghi
bu Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This pasta dish is made of saucer shaped orecchiette pasta and a basic Pomodoro sauce with a little cream. It comes together really fast for an easy weeknight meal.
Salciccia con Orecchiette e Funghi (Italian Sausage and Mushrooms with Pasta in Pomodoro Sauce)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 28 ounces San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup cream or half-and-half (cream preferred but half-and-half for a lighter calorie, lower fat option)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces orechiette pasta, cooked al dente in salted water
- Brown sausage onion and garlic in a large skillet, cooking until crumbled; drain excess fat.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in seasonings and tomatoes, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes., stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering cook orecchiette pasta in boiling salted water as your package directs or until al dente; drain.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in the parsley, cream and Parmesan until blended.
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
You might also like:
Chicken Roulades with Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Tapenade
Sue’s “Almost Famous” Meatballs
Bucatini with Pistachip Gremolata
Can’t Find a Recipe? | Help
Recipe Index A-M | Recipe Index N-Z | Home