by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This is a favorite recipe of mine to make with leftover barbecue. It makes it easy to pack for brown bag lunches or to have for a quick dinner the next day.
The Ranch style beans are a brand. If you don’t have those, canned chili beans “in sauce” will suffice.
I used a brand of fresh tortillas with mine that aren’t ready until you griddle them. Still, it is best to griddle the tortilla to make it pliable and easy to roll without cracking. As well, it goes without saying that the tortillas be fresh so they do not crumble.
A good use for stale tortillas is to bake them for a few minutes to sprinkle on top of a bowl of taco salad.
Burrito with Fillings
This recipe comes together fast, so is perfect for weeknights. If you want to have it and don’t have leftover barbecue, I believe I have seen barbecue packaged in the meat section at stores that could be used in this, if you are pressed for time and bbq.
Not much else to say about it, except I do hope you enjoy.
And have a great Cinco de Mayo!
- 6 (10-inch burrito size) or 10 (8 inch taco size) flour tortillas
- 1 pound pulled pork, boneless barbecued chicken or smoked beef brisket without sauce, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can Ranch style beans, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh jalapeno
- 1 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- Toss warm meat with barbecue sauce.
- Warm tortillas until soft.
- Place some meat, beans, cheese, onion, jalapeno and sour cream on tortilla and roll up.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
You might also like: