Meatball soup made easily in the slow cooker is real comfort food.
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Welcome to day four of #SoupWeek! For today I am offering my recipe for easy meatball soup in the crockpot, using frozen meatballs for convenience. It’s pretty quick to put together, except the couple extra minutes to cook the onion (because I hate onion that is still crunchy when the soup is ready to eat). So that part is worth the extra five minutes or so. While the onions are cooking you can thaw the meatballs in the microwave. I hope this soup is one you will enjoy on your busy days!
Tomorrow I am posting my Mom’s recipe for New England clam chowder and on Saturday I have worked up a recipe for homemade rice-a-roni from scratch. I hope to see you both days! Also, Sunday I will be posting a recipe for classic Swiss Steak with the Sunday Supper group- so I have things cooking for you all weekend long!
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 14 ounces frozen meatballs, thawed
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms with liquid
- 1 cup small uncooked shell pasta, cooked and drained
- Saute the onions in a small skillet until they soften
- Add onions to the crockpot along with meatballs, tomatoes, broth, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, olives and mushrooms.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and heat thirty minutes more.
- Serve soup garnished with Parmesan cheese and Italian parsley if desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Welcome to the #SoupWeek, hosted by Palatable Pastime. This week is all about delicious and warming soups. Be sure to check out some of the recipes below or you can follow along on FaceBook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram using the hashtag #SoupWeek. We also have a #SoupWeek Pinterest Board where you can see all of the offerings in one easy to access spot! What a great way to stay warm in cold weather!
- Asian Diet Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Grandma’s Copycat Kelly’s Cheese Soup from Cooking with Carlee
- Rotisserie Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder from The Frugal Pantry
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Delicata Squash Soup with Curried Chickpeas and Onions from Caroline’s Cooking
- Vegetable Beef Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Maw-Maw’s Chili Mac Soup from Cooking with Carlee
- Italian Wedding Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheat ‘n’ Eat Vietnamese Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Enchilada Verde Soup from Cooking with Carlee
- Leftover Bean Salsa Chili from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Meatball Soup from Palatable Pastime
- K.C.’s Seafood Chowder from Cooking with Carlee
- Creamy Chicken Soup from The Frugal Pantry
- Kale and Squash Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sometimes you just need an easy meal that you can throw together in a jiffy and know that it is going to be warm, ready and tasty when you get home.
This looks so full of flavor and I love that you made it in the crockpot!