Cajun Pasta Carnivale
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This week with the Sunday Supper group I am posting a recipe for pasta jambalaya using a 6-color tracconi pasta which I think gives it a much more festive feel than tagliatelle, hence the name Carnivale.
It is in some ways similar to Cajun chicken pasta but has a bit more to it. If you like the chicken pasta you are sure to like this. It had characteristics of jambalaya but with a Cajun spiced alfredo sauce.
Cajun Pasta Carnivale
- 1 pound uncooked 6-colore tacconi pasta (may sub broken lasagna, mafalda, or tagliatelle)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into slivers
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 ounces Andouille smoked sausage, sliced
- 12 ounces sliced boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces peeled deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain.
- Heat butter in a large wok skillet.
- Saute peppers, onions, garlic, sausage, chicken, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, shrimp and wine to the pan and cook until tomatoes soften and shrimp curls.
- Stir in green onions, parsley, and heavy cream, cooking until hot but do not boil.
- Toss sauce with pasta and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
It’s Mardis Gras Time!
- Andouille and Crawfish Pimento Cheese Fries by Soulfully Made
- Hot Louisiana Shrimp Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Mardi Gras Muffaletta Dip by For the Love of Food
- Piquant Shrimp Balls by Food Lust People Love
- Trinidadian doubles by Caroline’s Cooking
- Andouille and Chicken Gumbo by Delaware Girl Eats
- Bananas Foster French Toast by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Blackened Shrimp Pasta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Cajun Courtbouillon by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cajun Pasta Carnivale by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo by The Freshman Cook
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Creole Beef and Rice Bowls by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Shrimp and Grits Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Gluten Free Gumbo by Cricket’s Confections
- Gumbo Z’herbes by Monica’s Table
- Hawaiian Jambalaya by Shockingly Delicious
- Overnight Muffuletta Sandwich by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Jambalaya Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Tenderloin Grillades with Cheesy Grits by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetarian Muffaletta Sandwich by Hardly A Goddess
- Creole Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easy Buttermilk Cornbread by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Muffaletta Wedge Salad by Shaken Together
- New Orleans Brandy Milk Punch by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Not So Dirty Rice by Simple and Savory
- Red Beans and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bananas Foster by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Basic Bread Pudding by What Smells So Good?
- Bourbon Vanilla Cherries Jubilee by Pies and Plots
- Mardi Gras Cheese Ball by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Mini King Cake Bites by Family Around The Table
- New Orleans Mardi Gras Beignets by Big Bear’s Wife
- Pecan Praline Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
- Traditional Mardi Gras King Cake by Curious Cuisiniere
- White Chocolate-Raspberry Bread Pudding by Gourmet Everyday
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?
It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.