Cajun Pasta Carnivale
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This week with the Sunday Supper group I am posting a recipe for pasta jambalaya using a 6-color tracconi pasta which I think gives it a much more festive feel than tagliatelle, hence the name Carnivale.
It is in some ways similar to Cajun chicken pasta but has a bit more to it. If you like the chicken pasta you are sure to like this. It had characteristics of jambalaya but with a Cajun spiced alfredo sauce.
Cajun Pasta Carnivale
- 1 pound uncooked 6-colore tacconi pasta (may sub broken lasagna, mafalda, or tagliatelle)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into slivers
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 ounces Andouille smoked sausage, sliced
- 12 ounces sliced boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces peeled deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain.
- Heat butter in a large wok skillet.
- Saute peppers, onions, garlic, sausage, chicken, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, shrimp and wine to the pan and cook until tomatoes soften and shrimp curls.
- Stir in green onions, parsley, and heavy cream, cooking until hot but do not boil.
- Toss sauce with pasta and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
It’s Mardis Gras Time!
- Andouille and Crawfish Pimento Cheese Fries by Soulfully Made
- Hot Louisiana Shrimp Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Mardi Gras Muffaletta Dip by For the Love of Food
- Piquant Shrimp Balls by Food Lust People Love
- Trinidadian doubles by Caroline’s Cooking
- Andouille and Chicken Gumbo by Delaware Girl Eats
- Bananas Foster French Toast by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Blackened Shrimp Pasta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Cajun Courtbouillon by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cajun Pasta Carnivale by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo by The Freshman Cook
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Creole Beef and Rice Bowls by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Shrimp and Grits Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Gluten Free Gumbo by Cricket’s Confections
- Gumbo Z’herbes by Monica’s Table
- Hawaiian Jambalaya by Shockingly Delicious
- Overnight Muffuletta Sandwich by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Jambalaya Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Tenderloin Grillades with Cheesy Grits by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetarian Muffaletta Sandwich by Hardly A Goddess
- Creole Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easy Buttermilk Cornbread by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Muffaletta Wedge Salad by Shaken Together
- New Orleans Brandy Milk Punch by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Not So Dirty Rice by Simple and Savory
- Red Beans and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bananas Foster by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Basic Bread Pudding by What Smells So Good?
- Bourbon Vanilla Cherries Jubilee by Pies and Plots
- Mardi Gras Cheese Ball by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Mini King Cake Bites by Family Around The Table
- New Orleans Mardi Gras Beignets by Big Bear’s Wife
- Pecan Praline Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
- Traditional Mardi Gras King Cake by Curious Cuisiniere