Pulled Pork Nachos
By Sue Lau
Welcome to #CookoutWeek! I have teamed up with over 40 fellow bloggers to post some of our favorite cookout recipes. As well, we have some generous sponsors who have donated some prizes for a giveaway.
I have several recipes lined up this week! First I have Pulled Pork Nachos, which is a personal favorite. Wednesday I will be posting a healthy recipe for Grilled Salmon Caprese Salad, and on Thursday, another great idea for using the bounty of summer corn with my recipe for Basil Pesto Grilled Corn. Join me each day! But first things first- get signed up to win these prizes (and don’t forget that a blog comment below will count as an extra entry!)
Get those grills fired up… because it’s #CookoutWeek 2017! We have a fabulous giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made #CookoutWeek possible! You can enter below to win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media.
Disclaimer: While the sponsors have generously provided for the raffle giveaway prizes, all opinions in this post are my own.
I have been in love with pulled pork nachos since I had some at a bbq joint some years ago. And true, I do love regular nachos, from the simple ballgame chips with cheese sauce to chips with ooey gooey melted cheddar and loads of pickled jalapenos, to heavily laden versions topped with the works, plus everything from shredded beef to carne asada to chicken to grilled shrimp and more (how many ideas can you think to enjoy them?)
But summer cookout time calls for BBQ- so what could be more apropos than this recipe?
You can make your own pulled pork, but you can also buy pulled pork ready to go at the grocery if you want to work this up fast. And I have a couple recipes posted, one using the Smoker, and one using the Slow Cooker, so you can take your pick from those. After that, the rest is a breeze. Take a peek:
Pulled Pork Nachos
- 3 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup pulled pork in bbq sauce, warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup canned barbecue baked beans
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole
- Place chips on a pie plate or comal and top with pulled pork, baked beans, and shredded cheese (I lined my comal with nonstick foil for easy cleanup).
- Baked at 375°F. for about ten minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are hot.
- Finish nachos by adding remaining toppings.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Be sure to check out the other #CookoutWeek recipes!
Here are all the bloggers who will be posting this week for #CookoutWeek 2017:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Ashees Cookbook • Baking Sense • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • Chef Sarah Elizabeth • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Sapana • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fix Me a Little Lunch • For the Love of Food • Full Belly Sisters • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home Sweet Homestead • Join Us, Pull up a Chair • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats • Little House Big Alaska • My Southern Sweet Tooth • Our Good Life • Oven Tales By Syama • Palatable Pastime • Rants From My Crazy Kitchen • Savory Moments • Seduction in the Kitchen • Sidewalk Shoes • That Recipe • The Freshman Cook • The Mad Scientists Kitchen • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Saucy Southerner • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • Tramplingrose • Turnips 2 Tangerines • Uncle Jerry’s Kitchen